Sunday, 6 January 2008

Felt Question

I posted a question in regard to Dyeing felt and got a couple great and very appreciated answers..(Thanks Jodie and Lucy!).... so thought I might post the question and answers here just incase you missed it and have been wondering too... I want to try it for a big project ive got underway, so wont actually be able to share what im using it on just yet, but hope to actually give the dying of the felt a go this afternooon, so will post how it turns out at least. if you have any other further advice or suggestions, bring them on! xoxo

Jodie: "i have never dyed it, but it would be worth a shot.after all it is fabric and fabric dye is for just that.i guess you could google it, or experiment with a small piece, what kind of dye do you have??id say the coffee or tea could work as it would stain into the fabric..but im not sure."

Lucy: " Do it in tepid tea or coffee only not hot..... as felt shrinks.... and I have used paint to colour felt ...... soaked it in watered down paint.... works rather well..... add vanilla to disguse the paint smell in the felt..... or a few drops of essental oils (don't go over board with those) but works a treat..... I have make bears using this method.... I just air dryed it flat (turning ever other hour) "

Thanks again girls!

hope this sparks some curiosity! hehe

B xox

No comments: