Sunday, 9 September 2007

Stress release shop til you drop!

First of all I will start with a couple quick show and tells..... then share the sordid details of my stress relieving shopping adventures... hehe

This is a layout I have completed over the weekend, took a bit to get it to come togethor entirely but was quite happy with how its turned out. Tis a lo on the boys birthday and the journalling reads how he spent his special day. such a happy boy, and soooo spoilt! Finally christened my Heidi Swapp TOday stamp too!

Also finished off this monogram frame I had been meaning to finish off for a while. I had made the monogram but needed to seal it. And also painted a paper mache frame to match and sealed it too.... it's off to a new home some where in aussie posts gentle hands.... hope it arrives safely and likes its new owner.... i wonder where it could be headed haha


I had an extrenely mixed day of stress relieving shopping today, major splurge! but I sooooo needed it! it was soooooooo good! It felt sooooo good! It was an outpouring of fustration!

I started with a trip to good old spotlight....... started in the homewares section looking and drooling and dreaming and praying we find a house soon!!!! then lo and behold I spot these gorgeous serving ware dishes! and at 30% off.... you see I have been collecting kitchen items like these, all my others in a different brand, but these match perfectly so how could i walk past them, they are just toooo yummy n scrumptious!!! sooooooo in search of a cream dinner set in a similar pattern, if anyone EVER sees one they must tell me ASAP!!!!! and i will love you for life!!


I bought a couple things to alter - mainly this clock, even tho it does look quite yummy jut as it is, i still must play with it!! Im intending to alter it and use photos on it for my MIL for christmas.

Also picked up another of these paper mache frames to have a play with, for $2 they are heaps of fun!!
Spotlight were a tease and had some yummy laces on clearance, some were just dregs of about 1metre, but the yummiest ones of all had a good few metres so had to get them so I could share them with a few I know who I would love to see have a play with them too! hehe Also bought a few other yummy goodies - a brag book for $1 I am going to alter for my mummy, she always takes pics of the boy to work to show off so thought Id make something a little nicer!! and a couple chunky board books I look forward to having a play with! Also got these 3 (the 3 squares in the bottom of this pic) fat quarters of material, they are divine! they are just new that spotty has in and very yumptious i tell u!!
Also picked up some new yummy inks to increase my collection....had to replace my pinecone, really needed a new one, killed the other one good n proper!! also picked up this cute simple handmade stamp!!

That was all at spotty, then headed to the shopping centre and went a little crazee too... went to ROCKMANS, love their clothes and was sooooo excited cos they had 30% off, did show a little restraint and only bought 2 tops and a winter clearance top, alll sooo nice! I am really liking the colours this spring! So happy and bright and refreshing without being too over the top!

Then onto big w, embarissingly did a buy up of underwear bras and socks, thought it was about time to clean out the dregs and start afresh, love to buy new underwear! Also bought a pkt of signo gel pens, and shorts n teenage mutant ninja turtle tshirt for harry.

Also bought a pair of sandals to take on holidays! And how is this for a bargain, a pair of piping hot casual shoes I reallllly liked ages ago that were like $50, were marked down to $4 on clearance AND i got staff discount! so under $4 for a pair of shoes, what a freaking bargain and a half and then some! hehe

I think that sums up my shopping, forgive me if ive left anything out! hehe but boy did I have a great day! (the bank account wont think so! hehe)

And im looking thru the stampin up catelogue thinking of splurging to buy a couple new sets of stamps hehe!! dangerous! lol

hope you all had an exciting weekend too! xoxoxo



1 comment:

tracey said...

you have the bestest news - i tell ya -- great layouts - i best see them in a mag near me soon - lol - and glad to see you are doing the SAHM name well by going and shopping up big -- now off with ya and go scrap some more beautiful layouts - mwah